Duluth has over 11,000 acres of public open space and parkland within the city limits. There are also eight summer recreation trails with a total of 53 miles of hiking trails, 10 miles of bike trails, 15 miles of horseback riding trails and 3 miles of inline skating. Trails and scenic roads follow the St. Louis River from the harbor to Jay Cooke State Park. The opportunities for recreation are remarkable and are all within a very short distance of Spirit Lake Marina & RV.
|Western Waterfront Trail
(image courtesy of SHTA.org)
© SHTA 2006
Day trips open another world of parks, scenery and adventures!
- Gateway to Lake Superior’s scenic north shore - - Home to the North Shore Scenic Drive, a designated National All American Road
- too many public golf courses to list
- The land of 10,000 lakes – get the point?
- 2 ˝ hour drive to the Canadian border
- 2 ˝ hour drive to Minneapolis/St. Paul Metroplex
- Split Rock Lighthouse
- Gooseberry Falls State Park - Tettegouche State Park
- Iron Range with largest open-pit mine in the world
- Just over one-hour drive to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Thousands of acres of untouched wilderness
- Across the bridge is Superior, Wisconsin offering yet another list of parks, golf courses, rivers, trails, tourist attractions and fun